Friday, September 18, 2009

TEKNO BABBLE: Dota and Dota Players


I could'nt recall the exact month that DOTA has become a craze here in the Philippines. I think if I am not mistaken, I first heard about this game a couple years ago, I think it was in 2006 or 2007 somewhere around there it became a hit to youngsters, until it dominated Online Gaming and eventually it became each and every players game.

But what annoys me, is all these kids playing the game, of course when you think of computer games we always think it's fun, yeah it really is fun, judging from the experience that I had playing the game, I had fun. But for experienced players, it is not just fun, it's more of who is better and who is not.

Based from my experience, being so new to the game I looked like a douche bag, I hate to admit it but I sucked when I first played the game, and for me well it was not that fun due to I received several boos and negative or rather foul yelling and anonymous comments, saying I should stay out of the game because I did not know how to manage my hero, of course somehow it felt as if I wanted to box the guys out. But well, being a professional, I managed to contain myself from being humored and to save myself from further humiliation.

I think in my opinion, the purpose of this game to bring gamers closer and ultimately make friends with each other, it should not be the other way around. And well, people who are more experienced with the game should have the initiative to help those who are starting out. Well, that is all I can say about DOTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here!